Barbecue chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser, but what if I told you that you could achieve the same great taste but with cauliflower instead?
The phrase “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it,” doesn’t apply to this delicious meat-free alternative. Beloved by vegans, omnivores and carnivores alike, this is a perfect Sunday football snack.
Don’t trust me? I guess you’ll have to see for yourself. Who knows, maybe it’ll be your new meatless Monday go to.
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 cup any flour
- 2 cups nut milk
- 1 ½ boxes of crackers
- 1 bottle of bbq sauce
- 4 medium sized bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel the leaves off the cauliflower, cut the head from the stem and pull apart the florets. They will be large and should be cut into roughly two-three inch pieces. Wash and put to the side.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and milk. If the mixture is lumpy put the batter to a blender and blend on low for 15 seconds. Transfer back to bowl. Be careful to not overmix, the consistency should be that of pancake batter.
- Add crackers to food processor and set to grind setting. Transfer crumbs to bowl.
- Dip florets into batter, drip off excess, roll in cracker crumbs and place on baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour bbq sauce into a bowl. Using tongs, dip the wings into the sauce once again dripping off the excess. Place back on baking sheet.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let wings cool and serve with vegan ranch.