Home Tag "Duke Energy"

Campus powers up new 40 kilowatt solar array carport

Sustainability on campus just got a whole lot brighter. The university unveiled a 40 kilowatt solar array carport on Wednesday during a ribbon cutting ceremony which saw speakers praise sustainable initiatives on campus. The array, which was done in partnership with Duke Energy Florida and was funded by the Student Green Energy Fund, is projected […]

Proposal to abolish USFSP’s independent accreditation clears first hurdle as stunned campus processes the news

What keeps the lights on at USFSP?

Roughly 82 percent of the energy USF St. Petersburg purchases comes from non-renewable resources, according to a 2013 fuel mix report from Duke Energy. The other 18 percent is attributed to “purchase power,” or energy that Duke purchases from other providers. Renewable energy and biomass fuel are included in this category, though the numbers are […]